Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Watched Pot Never Boils

An old cliche, but one of the only that holds any weight. Every writer knows, that once you click that dreaded 'submit' button on a story, you become a chronic inbox watcher. Even a five minute trip to the bathroom ends in a mad dash back to the laptop to see if there is any reply.

Well, it's been a busy week, with the auld sister coming to visit, and then me heading home for a visit. Needless to say, I've been spending far too  much time with my head stuck in a pint to think about the laptop. But on the odd sober moments I've come across, I have been popping on to have a look. And to good news!

Yesterday I had a lovely mail from Jessy at Pill Hill Press accepting my story, 'That's What Little Boys Are Made Of', to the anthology, 'There Was a Crooked House'.

And today there was another welcome acceptance. This one from Sam at Panic Press accepting my story 'Raising the Roobling' for the anthology, 'Monsters Doing Something Funny for Money'. This is an extra proud one, as proceeds from the sales of this book will go towards Comic Relief. The second of my good writing deeds.

Monsters Cover

One has to wonder, if one could stay away from the inbox would all replies be so welcome... hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment