Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Poet? Wha...?

Pardon me if I seem a little shocked. Just allow me to take a swig of this celebratory wine and dull my brain a little more. It now appears that I am also something of a poet!

I just got word that a poem I had written years ago, probably the first thing I ever wrote, was accepted to be published in a poetry anthology. Who would have thought it? I know I certainly didn't! It has been sitting on my computer, gathering pixel dust for years, when I spotted the submission call for the anthology. So, says I to myself, I'll dust her off and let her out for a run. And lo and behold...

Wonders never cease! So forgotten little things you done years ago can still make a difference in the future. It just goes to show that anything is possible if you keep dreaming! (Very philosophical of me - it must be the wine)

No comments:

Post a Comment